The Durand-Arkansaw School District's primary educational pathway and instructional program for students involves a progression from 4 year old kindergarten (Early Learning) through 12th grade, leading to a high school diploma.
The full version of the District’s most recent school and school district accountability report, as issued by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction under section 115.385 of the state statutes, can be accessed via the following page: https://apps2.dpi.wi.gov/reportcards/
The Durand-Arkansaw School District also offers a wide range of special education programming:
Educational options for students who are enrolled in the Durand-Arkansaw School District that involve part-time attendance at an educational institution other than a school of the Durand-Arkansaw School District include the following:
- Starting with early childhood programming for students who are at least 3 years old but not school age
- Special Education for students with disabilities
- English Language Learner
- Gifted and Talented Education
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs
- At risk programs for student that are in danger of not graduating high school
- Summer School programming
Additional educational options for children who reside in the District that involve full time enrollment/ attendance at a school, program or other educational institution that is not a school or instrumentality of the Durand-Arkansaw School District include the following:
- Course Options Program - students may apply to take up to two courses at a time at another educational institution, subject to state and local eligibility requirements, including the limitation that the courses must satisfy a high school graduation requirement.
- Youth Options Program - students who are enrolled in the 11th or 12th grade may apply to take courses at certain institutions of higher education.
- High school students meeting certain age and other eligibility requirements may be permitted to attend a technical college or certain other programs for the purpose of completing a program leading to the student’s high school graduation or to a high school equivalency diploma.
- Full time Open Enrollment involving physical attendance in a public school of a nonresident school district or attendance through a virtual charter school that is associated with a nonresident school district.
- Beginning in the 2016-17 school year, a child with a disability who meets the program’s specific eligibility requirements may apply to attend an eligible, participating private school under a scholarship awarded through the state’s “Special Needs Scholarship Program,” as established under section 115.7915 of the state statutes.
- Enrollment in a private school participating in the Wisconsin parental choice program.
- Enrollment in a private school of the family’s choosing (at the family’s own cost, as applicable).
- Enrollment in a home-based private educational program as provided under state law. Educational options for children who reside in the Durand-Arkansaw School District but who are enrolled in and attending a private school, or home-based private educational program include the following:
- Such students have the opportunity to attend summer school classes/programs offered in the District.
- Private school students in the high school grades have the opportunity to apply for approval to take up two courses per semester in a District school, pursuant to section 118.145(4) of the state statutes.
- Students who are enrolled in a home-based private educational program have the opportunity to: 1) Apply for approval to take up two courses per semester in public schools as provided under section 118.53. 2) Participate in District interscholastic athletics and other District extracurricular activities as provided under section 118.133.
For more information about any of the educational options listed in this notice, please contact the District’s main administrative office at 715-672-8919 or the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
Revised and Updated for the 16-17 School Year
A listing of Private School can be found at: